"Open com device(com4):error access denied"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Open com device(com4):error access denied"

"Open com device (com4): error access denied".....This is the message I receive when I try to connect DM-780 to the HRD radio connection. I just downloaded HRD yesterday and have gone through the initial setup. HRD appears to be doing it's job okay. DM-780 pops up and looks ready to go when selected. Just no connection between the two when requested. Any ideas? Thanks Jack

OM,

Sounds like something else is also trying to use the same Com port ...

Comport.JPG

"Auto-detect" is usually not a good idea in my experience ....

Also look at the "Serial Ports" tab above for maybe a clue ....

The parameters of the Com Port must match the settings in the radio menu ...

Could also be a hardware problem ... Try another port ..

All else fails, call support ...
    Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.4.0.780
    Acer Aspire XC600, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Memory, 64-bit OS, Windows 8.1,
    Access Data Base
    FTdx-5000+Timewave Navigator Interface/FTdx-3000+SignaLink USB Interface, .. WSJT-X v1.8.0, JTAlertX v2.10.15, HRDv6.4.0.780

Comment

To connect DM-780 to HRD click on View>>Radio. In the radio tab, click on configure button. Address should be localhost. Port should be 7809. Check the Automatically connect box and then click on connect.
      Charlie, KØLAF

Comment

Ah HAH! Love these moments when the problem is solved. Thanks K0LAF for the answer to my issue. Whatever happened it is continuity city now. Now...if I can only figure out how to have HRD open at the beginning in toolbar format without having to manually expand the screen. Full screen mode works fine. Thanks again for the help. Jack

Comment

Working...
        X