Remote Servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Servers

Has anyone had any luck with remote servers on version 6.4.0.787 and windows 10? I have a question into support about it also but figured I would ask here. All I get is service did not start in a timely fashion. User creation, service installation seem to work just fine.

Found a response from support and they listed a few things to try. What I did was

End all HRD processes (remote and serial client) -- I found two that were running even though HRD was closed.
    Navigate to C:\Programdata\HRDLLC\
    Delete all remote and serial client files. -- I deleted all the files in this directory.

Tried to start the remote server and it started. I shutdown and restarted the application and it says remote server is still running. I'll have to give it a try now!

Comment

Got the same problem here on a Windows 7 pro machine as the server and a Win 10 laptop for the remote client.
      Deleted all the config programs in that directory and it will now connect and display the welcome message. Fails when I try to open the ports to the rig. It goes through all the speed checks (including the correct one) and then dies.
      I notice that there are two services running one called 'HRD Remote Server' and the other 'The Ham radio Deluxe remote server' Both seem to point to the same exe file.
      I've tried stopping and disabling each in turn but no joy.

Comment

Originally posted by gskinner View Post
        Found a response from support and they listed a few things to try. What I did was

End all HRD processes (remote and serial client) -- I found two that were running even though HRD was closed.
        Navigate to C:\Programdata\HRDLLC\
        Delete all remote and serial client files. -- I deleted all the files in this directory.

Tried to start the remote server and it started. I shutdown and restarted the application and it says remote server is still running. I'll have to give it a try now!

THIS IS THE FIX !!!
        I just used this on version 6 build 787.... It's still a GOOD FIX... Make sure you don't remove the ODBC XML FILES... you need them... remove all the remote and serial files..

Comment

Working...
        X