No announcement yet.

Home location and satellite tracking wrong?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home location and satellite tracking wrong?

When I enter my location use my grid (EM13na) it puts my home icon (home location) in the wrong hemisphere. My location is roughly 33, -96, but HRD enters the longitude as 96, thus putting it in the East instead of West. I changed the longitude to -96 and it looks correct on the map.
    I also don't understand the graphs for the next passes. These appear to be off by one hour when compared to AMSAT predictions. I have my time set to UTC. The graph, for example, shows "Thursday 10:14" above a future pass, but he X-Axis goes from 09:10:00 to 09:36:00. That same pass on AMSAT goes from about 10:00 to 10:30. No documentation makes it hard to figure out.

I did enter a ticket, but hope to get some advice from my peers.

Dennis WA5LXS

Quick ticket response from the HRD support folks. My tracking problem was solved by setting Satellite to Local Time in the Format tab and leaving my Logbook set to UTC.

Same problem here, but changing the time format from UTC to local does not fix it. I have only the satellite tracking application executed, not logbook or HRD main.
      Some idea of how to fix it ?

Seems I solved the problem.
        When I introduce only the locator into the station data, the program does not locate home correctly. When the lat/lon is included in addition to the locator, home appears in the right place. Buff!