Yaesu Rotor Cat with HRD V6.x

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yaesu Rotor Cat with HRD V6.x

I see that this used to be a topic that was closed. But I don't think it should have been.

The Yaesu Rotor via CAT feature in HRD Rotator does not work properly and hasn't. In the debug traces it appears that the software is configured for 450 deg rotation, which is correct as this is the only mode the radio will pass CAT data for the Rotator controller. Using a North reference, the software gets confused as the rotator passes 360 degs headed for something greater than 360 deg. What would be considered "overlap", 361-450 deg. It then starts bouncing back and fourth across 0/360 deg. The HRD Rotator application then hangs and has to be killed to stop the "bouncing".

Also when connected to the Yaesu Rotator CAT feature the cursor is constantly stuttering and hanging. It appears that maybe there is some communication issues with the Rig Control application.

I don't see a "Submit a bug" or "or submit a trouble" function on this site so I'm letting HRD know that there continues to be a feature that does not work properly.

Thank you,

Ed Clark
    WD4ED

This is a peer support forum ... Submit a ticket to HRD from the HRD home page ...

https://tickets.hrdsoftwarellc.com
    Last edited by W3RJW; 06-02-17, 12:22.
    Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.4.0.664
    Acer Aspire XC600, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Memory, 64-bit OS, Windows 8.1,
    Access Data Base
    FTdx-5000+Timewave Navigator Interface/FTdx-3000+SignaLink USB Interface, SteppIR Interface

Comment

Has anyone had any success using the Options -> Configuration menu in the Rotor program? I'm sure a solution could be found by using this for an offset if only it would work. I cant even Delete a configuration setup after creating one as only the Modify function will work.
      I programmed the FTDX3000 with a 180 degree offset and it displays the correct azimuth degrees on its digital display. HRD requires an update to allow an offset to be programmed in to overcome this issue.
      It seems Yaesu G-800DXA may be available in both North centered and South centered versions,(can anyone verify?). This being the case a HRD program update would be much appreciated to enable all uses access to the Rotator program!
      Last edited by IanP; 06-08-17, 07:59.

Comment

The same problem is with the rotor yaesu g1000dxc.

Comment

Originally posted by IanP View Post
          Has anyone had any success using the Options -> Configuration menu in the Rotor program? I'm sure a solution could be found by using this for an offset if only it would work. I cant even Delete a configuration setup after creating one as only the Modify function will work.
          I programmed the FTDX3000 with a 180 degree offset and it displays the correct azimuth degrees on its digital display. HRD requires an update to allow an offset to be programmed in to overcome this issue.
          It seems Yaesu G-800DXA is available in both North centered and South centered versions. This being the case a HRD program update would be much appreciated to enable all uses access to the Rotator program!
          I can't delete a configuration add on either and found that I need to delete the xml file that contains the parameter. Like you, I see no difference with changing configuration settings.

Comment

I have set my G-800DXA up as listed on page 7 of the manual under the heading "Indoor Performance Check and Alignment". It aligned fine with minimum adjustment.

Step 6 of the alignment states, that once the left stop position is reached, (switch cutout while driving left), align the needle to 180 degrees. This required removing the indicating needle (as recommended) and repositioning it to 180 degrees as indicated at the bottom of the gauge. Once this was done the setup went as required in the manual without a hitch.

This meant that after the rotator was setup on the bench and I used the 0 (zero) degree point as my antenna's north setting and installed with this as my north reference.

In the Rotator program this produced a 180 degree misalignment and requires a software parameter change to enable expected position. HRD has a parameter input available but it does not work for me!

My Yaesu FTDX3000 also displayed a 180 degree misalignment on its display which I easily fixed by changing the parameter for this in the radio.

Ian
            VK5IAN

Comment

FYI, this problem has been confirmed by HRD and a bug report created. I've been told to watch the release notes for update in future versions.

Comment

New version of HRD is out and the bug trace for the yaesu cat control problem shows it not yet addressed. No release notes are available though. Interestingly, there is a new thread here about a different problem with using Easy Rotator Control with a Yaesu rotator and compass being off by 180 degrees. Has anyone tried out the version 659 rotator program and found out if it behaves differently with Yaesu Cat Control?

Comment

I think once the program is updated to enable us to setup the configuration for a 180 degree offset we should be able to use the HRD Rotator as intended.
                  The sooner the fix the better!
                  I have been waiting a long time, as I'm sure many others have been. Better late than never

Comment

Originally posted by IanP View Post
                    I think once the program is updated to enable us to setup the configuration for a 180 degree offset we should be able to use the HRD Rotator as intended.
                    The sooner the fix the better!
                    I have been waiting a long time, as I'm sure many others have been. Better late than never
                    Anyone try this with the new version, 661? I read that setup configs can now be deleted from the rotator program. Perhaps the setup config is now functional?

Comment

Working...
                    X