New Model Radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Model Radio

With the pending availability of the Icom 7610, does anyone know if it will work with an existing model available in HRD,ie 7600. If not, how long does it usually take to add a new model program list?

I've been told that it would depend on the availability of a vendor to supply a demo 7610 for CAT development. Then from a couple weeks to a month or more depending. ICOM generally changes just about everything in the CAT command structure (and no one knows why) and of course a new ID for each rig.
    --------------------------

Windows 7 Pro (64bit) on a Dell 755 Duo with 4Gb RAM and 120Gb Kingston SSD
    2 - Dell 1708FB Digital HD Monitors (Rig Control on left and Logbook on right)
    Current version of HRD unless I see problems with it.

ICOM IC-7410 to HRD via USB (on AS 6-Pack)
    ICOM IC-7000 to HRD via USB (currently mobile)
    ICOM IC-718 to HRD via Serial (on AS 6-Pack)
    ICOM IC-745 poor guy doesn't know what USB, HRD or CAT commands are (on a center-feed wire via LDG AT-11)

Diamond X-50 at 35' for 2m & 70cm
    Mosley TA54-XLN-6 (7 elements) @ 30' for 20m thru 6m (WARC included)
    M2 6m5-HP @ 35' for 6m (+2 S-Units over Mosley and lower noise levels)
    Inverted "V" @ 30' for 40m & 20m
    Center-Feed Longwire for everything else
    Little Tarheel II Screwdriver for 80m thru 6m mobile using West Mountain TARGETuner

LDG Electronics AT-11 Automatic Tuner (for IC-718)
    MFJ Electronics MFJ-901B Manual Tuner (for IC-745)

Array Solutions 6-Pack Antenna switch (2 radio inputs & 6 antenna inputs)

Yaseu D800SA Rotor controlled by HRD via an Easy Rotor Control (ERC) adapter card

I upload to eQSL & HRDNet automatically in HRD. LoTW, ClubLog, QRZ.com DAILY and send my cards to the Bureau MONTHLY.
    Why doesn't everybody do this? It's so much easier than having to work through hundreds (or thousands) of log entries once or twice a YEAR.

Licensed in April 1973.
    Retired July 2011.

Comment

Just got my 7610 but no luck with HRD so far. I am using the same computer that controlled my 7600 so the drivers are there. When I hook up the 7610 I see that the driver is now COM4 although it was COM3 on the 7600. Why? Noooooo idea. Anyway I have tried both the 7300 and 7600 rig controls changing to the right COM port and putting the 7610’s CIV-V address of 95. So far no luck with either rig description and trying USB1 port on the rig and USB2port although it seems clear from the manual that USB1 is for PC control. Tried for a couple hours. Going to call HRD tomorrow. Right now I am just using the demoware built-in file and manually “switching’ bands for the logbook. I haven’t even tried the sound CODEC yet but am betting that will fail as well. Anyone get a 7610 yet and have it HRDing???

Comment

On good authority 7610 HRD configuration is coming soon. Watch this space.
        Icom ic-7300, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and OCFD.
        PC - Windows 10.
        Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

I have seen comments elsewhere that the IC-785x series has some similar CAT commands that might get you going, at least on VFO A. You will have to change the Hex Address in the radio to match what HRD is expecting.
          --------------------------

Windows 7 Pro (64bit) on a Dell 755 Duo with 4Gb RAM and 120Gb Kingston SSD
          2 - Dell 1708FB Digital HD Monitors (Rig Control on left and Logbook on right)
          Current version of HRD unless I see problems with it.

ICOM IC-7410 to HRD via USB (on AS 6-Pack)
          ICOM IC-7000 to HRD via USB (currently mobile)
          ICOM IC-718 to HRD via Serial (on AS 6-Pack)
          ICOM IC-745 poor guy doesn't know what USB, HRD or CAT commands are (on a center-feed wire via LDG AT-11)

Diamond X-50 at 35' for 2m & 70cm
          Mosley TA54-XLN-6 (7 elements) @ 30' for 20m thru 6m (WARC included)
          M2 6m5-HP @ 35' for 6m (+2 S-Units over Mosley and lower noise levels)
          Inverted "V" @ 30' for 40m & 20m
          Center-Feed Longwire for everything else
          Little Tarheel II Screwdriver for 80m thru 6m mobile using West Mountain TARGETuner

LDG Electronics AT-11 Automatic Tuner (for IC-718)
          MFJ Electronics MFJ-901B Manual Tuner (for IC-745)

Array Solutions 6-Pack Antenna switch (2 radio inputs & 6 antenna inputs)

Yaseu D800SA Rotor controlled by HRD via an Easy Rotor Control (ERC) adapter card

I upload to eQSL & HRDNet automatically in HRD. LoTW, ClubLog, QRZ.com DAILY and send my cards to the Bureau MONTHLY.
          Why doesn't everybody do this? It's so much easier than having to work through hundreds (or thousands) of log entries once or twice a YEAR.

Licensed in April 1973.
          Retired July 2011.

Comment

Try these settings I got from the IC-7610 Forum

"Here are the menu settings in the 7610 that must be used.

CI-V Echo back ==ON
            CI-V usb baud rate == 9600
            CI-V usb Port ==Unlink
            CI-V address == 7A (This is the CI-V address for the 7600)
            CI-V Transceive == OFF
            CI-V baud rate ==9600
            Decode baud rate == 9600
            Data off mode == mic,acc
            Data 1 mode ==usb
            Data 2 mode ==usb
            Data 3 ==mic,acc

When setting up the Rig Connect screen be sure you select the IC-7600 setup. The CI-V address for the 7600 should default to 7A.

Set the com port to "Auto Detect" and the port speed to 9600.

Once this is done, click the "Connect" button and the wait till HRD locates the proper com port and it should connect."

HTH
            John

Icom ic-7300, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and OCFD.
            PC - Windows 10.
            Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Working...
            X