Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapper

Hello,

I have searched but found nothing really.

Does the Mapper work ? if yes, how, since I do not seem to be able to plot anything therefore any help, direction would be appreciated plus some say it will load only access others ADI ?

Cheers Jacques
    Transcievers: Icom 7300 - USB (v1.14)
    Accessories : BY-1[Bencher] - KT-1 [Kent straight key]
    Antenna: Various dipoles

PCIntel i3 3.3GHZ - 16GB Ram - Seagate expansion 1To external backup
    Canon Printer and QL700
    PC Software: Win 10 Pro X64 - MS Office. Avast. Meinberg NTP 4.2.8 . MariaDB.
    Ham Radio Software : HRD ver 6.4.787 - N1MM - MTTY -FLDIGI - WSJT-X - 1.8.0 rc2- JTAlert 2.10.12QSO Relay 1.7
    Memberships: REF - ARRL.
    DXCC : Mixed - CW - Digital. - JT65 - RTTY
    WAS : Digital.

Hello Jacques.
    Like the World Map in DM780 I think this is an option from v5 from the Simon Brown days. Therefore, it has not been enhanced by the current developers
    I played with it a while ago and you have to use a logbook .mdb file to display stations on the map.
    I have added Mantis requests for enhancements for the Map.
    1. Now many are using MySQL for databases, me included, the Map should be able to import a .sql file.
    2. I would like the Map to display just a selection of QSOs from the Logbook. e.g. just FT8 modes.
    So for now, you select a .mdb file and the Map will display those contacts.
    HTH
    John, G3UCQ
    Icom ic-7300, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and OCFD.
    PC - Windows 10.
    Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Hi John and thank you for the update on Mappee

yes it would be good if it could read sql file I will make a mdb format and have a play with it

I have been on HRD for years but never played with it
      thanks and have a good week end
      Jacques

Canon Printer and QL700
      Ham Radio Software : HRD ver 6.4.787 - N1MM - MTTY -FLDIGI - WSJT-X - 1.8.0 rc2- JTAlert 2.10.12QSO Relay 1.7

Comment

You are welcome Jacques. Pleased to help a little.
        Have a good weekend also.
        John, G3UCQ
        PC - Windows 10.

Comment

I just updated my HRD to version 6.4.0.787. I had never tried plotting stations in Mapper previous to this update. I was successful in getting my MDB file to load and plot; however, on ADDING A STATION AND ATTEMPTING TO RELOAD THE DATABASE, PLOTTING HAS CEASED TO FUNCTION AT ALL. Is this an issue with the reload? It reports there are stations loaded and they do have position data in the records - at least looking at them from the logger - and the database query appears to be valid. A previous post's comment about Mapper not being maintained is very disquieting when you are spending money on annual subscriptions to keep everything up to date.
          Don, N0AGX

Comment

Hi Don
            As a beta tester I have raised issues about Mapper with the programmers but Mapper and the World Map require extensive overhauls.
            For example, I think it is silly to have to load the whole database file so I suggested why not load a selection of QSOs from the logbook.
            e.g FT8 QSOs only.
            Mapper should also load .sql databases, not just .mdb ones but this requires major work which will not be dealt with until other problems are solved/fixed first.
            This is my take on it, not official you must understand.
            Don, I understand your frustration and sorry I cannot be more help.
            John, G3UCQ
            PC - Windows 10.

Comment

HI John,

Thank you for the upodate , we will see what gives with later releases but for sure SQL would be the way to go All the best Jacques

Canon Printer and QL700

Comment

Working...
              X