Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to recognize flex 1500 via com ports on start up

Failed to read frequency.
    COM3 |LG Electronics Inc. | LG Bluetoo0th Bus Enumerator | LGE Bluetooth TransPort
    COM4 | | \Device\0000004c | Generic (COM4)
    COM5 | Fabula Tech | Fabula Tech Virtual Serial Port Bus | Fabula Tech Vurtual Seria Port
    COM6 | Eltima Software | Virtual Serial Bus Enumerator 7 (Eltima Software) | Virtual Serial Port 7 (Eltima Software)
    COM7 | Eltima Software | Virtual Serial Bus Enumerator 7 (Eltima Software) | Virtual Serial Port 7 (Eltima Software)
    COM9 | FlexRadio Systems | USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) | FlexControl USB Control Knob
    COM16 | Eltima Software | Virtual Serial Bus Enumerator 7 (Eltima Software) | Virtual Serial Port 7 (Eltima Software)
    COM17 | Eltima Software | Virtual Serial Bus Enumerator 7 (Eltima Software) | Virtual Serial Port 7 (Eltima Software)
    COM105 | Fabula Tech | Fabula Tech Virtual Serial Port Bus | Fabula Tech Vurtual Seria Port
    (KEYBOARD CONSOLE ICON?) COM5 | | LGE Mobile for VZW (Verizon) USB Composite Device | LGE Mobile for VZ2 USB Serial Port

How do I get Ham Radio Deluxe to recognize my Flex Radio 1500 through a com port? Which com port?

HRD connects to the PowerSDR software and not directly to the Flex-1500 hardware.You have to set the com ports up in PowerSDR first. Setup>>CAT Control. The process for doing this with virtual com ports is discussed in chapter 4 and chapter 7 (Cat Control Tab) of the FLEX-1500 Owners Manual.
    Last edited by k0laf; 09-12-17, 23:57. Reason: Add more information
    Charlie, KØLAF

Comment

If the 1500 setup is like the 3000 setup with the 3000 you use two one on the radio side setup and then the other on the computer side. I have two 6 & 7 one is used on radio and the other (not same number) is used in HRD. You have to have power SDR running first also. 73 and GL Morris wa4mit

Comment

In PowerSDR Setup / CAT Control / I set selected Enable CAT (Unselected - the choices in CAT Control are available to make changes. Selecting Enable CAT - The choices are greyed out.) I selected COM. With Enable CAT selected with COM 6 Ham Radio Deluxe does not recognize PowerSDR using auto-detect for COM Port or Speed. The same result fir PowerSDR Enable CAT with COM 7. I even tried Speed at 9600 in both PowerSDR and HRD. No Go again.

In further research I detoured to VSP Managere at http://k5fr.com/ddutilwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page. But all the pages are blank! What happened to VSP Manager web site?
        Last edited by ki5ss; 09-13-17, 03:49.

Comment

Originally posted by ki5ss View Post
          In PowerSDR Setup / CAT Control / I set selected Enable CAT (Unselected - the choices in CAT Control are available to make changes. Selecting Enable CAT - The choices are greyed out.) I selected COM. With Enable CAT selected with COM 6 Ham Radio Deluxe does not recognize PowerSDR using auto-detect for COM Port or Speed. The same result fir PowerSDR Enable CAT with COM 7. I even tried Speed at 9600 in both PowerSDR and HRD. No Go again.

In further research I detoured to VSP Managere at http://k5fr.com/ddutilwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page. But all the pages are blank! What happened to VSP Manager web site?
          I use com0com. if you choose com 7 in PowerSDR then HRD connection would be com 17.
          Charlie, KØLAF

Comment

Originally posted by k0laf View Post

I use com0com. if you choose com 7 in PowerSDR then HRD connection would be com 17.
            CHARLIE/KØLAF

PowerSDR at com 7 and HRD at com 17 WORKED! Thanks! Speed set at 9600. I will see if a higher speed will work.

Comment

Working...
            X