HRD Logbook v6.4.0.664 LoTW not downloading LOTW QSOs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRD Logbook v6.4.0.664 LoTW not downloading LOTW QSOs

The LoTW QSOs downloads stopped working sometime yesterday and still is not working.

David VA3MJR

Hi David usually this is caused by wrong password, I suggest re-entering even if you have not changed or otherwise done anything to this page. Hope that helps I was able to download but it was rather slow using .777 version here. 73 thanks for our many QSO`s Morris WA4MIT

Comment

Hi Morris. I tried that. It tries to download the ADIF file. It finished with Download complete, but nothing is downloaded.

Comment

HI Lotw working fine here but likewise find it very slow withh .777 so it was not just me HI Cheers
        Transcievers: Icom 7300 - USB (v1.14)
        Accessories : BY-1[Bencher] - KT-1 [Kent straight key]
        Antenna: Various dipoles

PCIntel i3 3.3GHZ - 16GB Ram - Seagate expansion 1To external backup
        Canon Printer and QL700
        PC Software: Win 10 Pro X64 - MS Office. Avast. Meinberg NTP 4.2.8 . MariaDB.
        Ham Radio Software : HRD ver 6.4.0.680 - N1MM - MTTY -FLDIGI - WSJT-X - 1.8.0 rc1- JTAlert 2.10.1
        Memberships: REF - ARRL.
        DXCC : Mixed - CW - Digital.
        WAS : Digital.

Comment

David you might want to log on to the LOTW site and check your recent QSO records and see if you have any confirmations that you have not already downloaded. I tried my download and it did nothing I went to LOTW and there were no recent confirmations so there was nothing to download which is unusual but the system seems slow so maybe others are having a difficult time uploading right now. Just a thought. 73 Morris

Comment

Morris, I checked my LOTW account and there are 4 QSOs confirmed from yesterday. It looks like when I attempt a LOTW download in HRD Logbook it times out. LOTW upload is working FB.

When I do a LOTW download the LOTW download window shows it is trying to "Retrieve ADIF" file and shows "Not Responding". Then finished with "Download complete" without downloading any file. All while the process is working the cursor is a rolling donut.

I have opened a ticket at HRD so see what comes of it and will report back.

Comment

It's not just you. I can't download either - just hangs at the download window with the spinning blue circle. Occasionally, it will time out, and I'm presented with the Download Window as if I had just opened it. I upgraded to the latest version today, but still not working.

I have to wonder why HRD Logbook breaks all the time. I love the look and feel, but if there were something equivalent as far as features, I'd run for it (free or not).

Comment

HRD Logbook is now downloading matched QSOs. Clicked on LOTW Download and it downloaded some of recent matched QSOs since Aug 9 when it was last working as it should. I changed nothing here. Looks like the LOTW server was the culprit. Hopefully it keeps working.

Comment

Originally posted by NC6K View Post
                  It's not just you. I can't download either - just hangs at the download window with the spinning blue circle. Occasionally, it will time out, and I'm presented with the Download Window as if I had just opened it. I upgraded to the latest version today, but still not working.

I have to wonder why HRD Logbook breaks all the time. I love the look and feel, but if there were something equivalent as far as features, I'd run for it (free or not).
                  It is very easy to blame the software, HRD or some other, but the software you are using is not always the problem.
                  As a beta tester I have two bootable versions of Windows 10 64bit. My main OS and the 2nd I use for testing which is a copy of the first with some applications, like Photoshop removed.
                  I was testing a beta release the other day and ran into a problem which was repeatable. So I loaded an earlier beta version and the problem did not exist. Back to the latest version and the problem reappeared. So I naturally deduced that there was a fault with that beta version and reported it to the programmers as a repeatable 'bug'.
                  I then booted into my main OS and ran the new beta and there was no problem. It just would not occur. Back to the 2nd OS and the problem was still there.
                  What was causing the fault in the 2nd OS I have no idea but it shows that things are not always what the seem.
                  John

FWIW I have been able to use LOTW without problems for days.
                  Icom ic-7300, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam up 12m
                  PC - Windows 10.
                  Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Working...
                  X