problem transmitting using Olivia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem transmitting using Olivia

I used to use Olivia and DM without any problems.Haven't used it in a long time so thought I'd try it again. However, my transmitter (Kenwood TS-480) keeps turning on and off during the transmission which has never happened to me before. I've played around with radio vox sensitivity and delay with no effect. I use the SignaLink USB and have increased the delay and sensitivity there with no luck. PSK works great! Included jpgs shows DM settings for QSO and PTT options.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hank/ke0cu

Hank,

Just one suggestion: The radio VOX should be OFF when using the SignaLink USB ... You have correctly selected 'NONE' for PTT ...

The VOX being used for PTT is in the SignaLink ... I have my SignaLink "DLY" set at about 9 O'Clock (7 O'Clock being off, no delay)
    Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.4.0.780
    Acer Aspire XC600, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Memory, 64-bit OS, Windows 8.1,
    Access Data Base
    FTdx-5000+Timewave Navigator Interface/FTdx-3000+SignaLink USB Interface, SteppIR Interface

Comment

Ron that was it, I had radio vox on. Since it's vox controlled, why doesn't that work, though?

Thanks!

Hank/ke0cu

Comment

Two VOX's, one in the SignaLink and one in your radio .... Using "soundcard" modes, the Signalink VOX activates the radio PTT ... If you have the radio VOX on also then you have a possible conflict over which VOX has control ... Anyway glad you are back in business ...
        Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.4.0.780
        Acer Aspire XC600, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Memory, 64-bit OS, Windows 8.1,
        Access Data Base
        FTdx-5000+Timewave Navigator Interface/FTdx-3000+SignaLink USB Interface, SteppIR Interface

Comment

Working...
        X