Log only First Name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log only First Name

When DM780 sends logging information to the Logbook, the operator's full name is entered. Is there a way to log only the first name?

Originally posted by WA3CAS View Post
    When DM780 sends logging information to the Logbook, the operator's full name is entered. Is there a way to log only the first name?
    Well there sure used to be !! at least for the logbook ALE ... I just spent a fair amount of time looking for it, but appears to have disappeared from the menus ....

I still have the first name only function working on my machine, both the Logbook and DM ALE ... so that says to me there is still a logic switch in an .xml file somewhere that sets that function (a setting that is obviously not updated) ... and the logic still exists in the program, you just can't turn it on anymore

Hack Hack ?

Maybe I just could not find the proper program setting ?? It is certainly highly desirable .... Logs are first names ... Addresses are full names
    Last edited by W3RJW; 01-23-17, 18:04.
    Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.4.0.664
    Acer Aspire XC600, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Memory, 64-bit OS, Windows 8.1,
    Access Data Base
    FTdx-5000+Timewave Navigator Interface/FTdx-3000+SignaLink USB Interface, SteppIR Interface

Comment

You would think so. I've gone through the parameter settings numerous times but couldn't find it.

Like so many features that have become broke after an update, this ALE first-name feature looks to be one of them. In macro manager, I do have "Send his first name only" selected when using the "name" tag, and that does work. But the full name is still entered in the Logbook.

Comment

Personally, I just edit the looked up name in the QSO window as I set up the QSO. This also transfers across to the ALE window - so only the first name is sent in the macros and then logged. Getting used to doing this routinely also stops me sending "Hello dear special event station" or BTU "DX contest group" etc
        Mike G3YPP
        Icom IC-7600 Firmware V2 - SignaLink USB interface
        Rig interfaced to Pentium Dual Core CPU E5400 @ 2.7GHz 2.7GHz running Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 8Gb RAM
        Office computer for remote access to shack - Pentium Dual Core CPU E5400 @ 2.7GHz 2.7GHz running Windows 10 Home 64 bit 8 Gb RAM
        Logbook using MySQL database located on my web servers

Comment

There are always workarounds ... not the point .... the point is this was a capability that was removed accidentally or on purpose ... it should be fixed if we ever get a programmer ...

and yes there are incidents of bad parsing ... but most of the time it gets it right ... if not then manual edit ...

As I said the logic is still in the program ... I have found the switch that is set wrong i.e. "0" .. for me it's set to "1" which brings forward an attempt at parsing the first name ...
          Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.4.0.664
          Acer Aspire XC600, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Memory, 64-bit OS, Windows 8.1,
          Access Data Base
          FTdx-5000+Timewave Navigator Interface/FTdx-3000+SignaLink USB Interface, SteppIR Interface

Comment

Hi

Have some one the sollution for the problem that Dm780 logged the first and the sure name?
            I'm cannot find it in the settings so hope someone can help me with this?
            Using the latest version of HRD and DM780!

tnx
            Rien, PA7RA

Comment

As I said the logic is still in the program ... I have found the switch that is set wrong i.e. "0" .. for me it's set to "1" which brings forward an attempt at parsing the first name ...

Hi
              who i can find this switch.

Comment

I hesitate to publicly provide information because the solution involves editing some of the code .... What I have done is submit a trouble ticket to see what HRD has to say (By the way no response yet) ... I would encourage everyone who misses this feature to also submit a ticket ... It's a 3 second fix for HRD ...
                Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.4.0.664
                Access Data Base

Comment

Working...
                X